Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Red Velvet Cake


Red Velvet Cake


Red Velvet Cake - the origin
The cake which originated from the American South..is definitely without a doubt is very very RED looking cake. it is also known as Devil's Food Cake with red coloring (loosely translated: Makanan Setan Berwarna Merah). It is a Southern specialty and rarely being baked here. Try walk into a bakery and ask for a Red Velvet Cake. I did. In return i got mouth gawking baker looking at me as if i am drugged or tak cukup tidur, or worse, been possessed by devil itself.
So went and search for the recipe. High and Low..but when i look at the list of the ingredients, i was left speechless. Most were unfamiliar to me. Did a little bit of research and honestly the first time i baked the cake, it look awful. Like my cat threw up a ball of yarn on it. A huge red bowl of yarn...sheeshhhh.....!!
It kind off rubbed me the wrong way, until my husband told me to give another try. I am sure glad i listened to him as for the second attempt the cake turn out well. I do know what was the error made for the first attempt, and managed to correct it.
As a result, the cake has been safely eaten by my colleagues at work during a farewell party. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment